Skip to main content

Ask me no more

Ask me no more

Ask me no more:the moon may draw the sea;
The clouds may stoop from heaven and take the shape,
with fold to fold,of mountain or,of cape;
But O too fold,when have I answer'd thee?
Ask me no more,

Ask me no more:what answe should I give?
I love not hollow cheek or faded eye,
Yet O my friend,I will not have thee die!
Ask me no more;legt I should bid thee live;
Ask me no more.

Ask me no more;thy fate and mine are seal'd:
I strove against the stream and all in vain;
Let the great river take me to the main:
No more,dear love,for at a touch I yield;
Ask me no more.
 -Tennyson

Comments

  1. Ask me no more what you already now.Ask me no more what is to come next.What happens next.I don't like to see you like this with hollow cheeks and faded eye.I beg and plead for your well-being but friend I will not have you die.Ask me no more of the our future whether it's yours or mine for it is not sealed.I go against the current but in vain and let go.There is no more,for my love is no more .All that is left is to yearn for you but all I can say is ask me no more.
    There are some irregular rhyme schemes and a reputation of words such as ask me no more to emphasize the pleading and irrational convention.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In memoriam,Go sleep I give my powers away

In memorim ,Go sleep I give my powers away To sleep I give my powers away, My will is bondsman to the dark; I sit within a hemless bark, And my heart l muse and say, O heart,how fares it with thee now, That I thou should fail from the desire, Who scarcely derest to imagine, What makes he beat so low, Something it is which thou houst lost, Some pleasure from thine early gelrs, Break thou deep vase of chilling leys That grief hath shaken into frost, Such clouds of nameless trouble cross All night below the darkened eyes. with morning wakes the will,and cries thou shalth, not be the fall of loss.  -Tennyson

Artistic Tragedy

Marisol Lozano Poetry Pg.1 It's a shame A tragedy really An Artist's state An Artist The one who sees beyond the seven seas The one who distinguishes between rationality and irrationality but only to conflict themselves with the gravitational pull of emotion vs presence. The goal is preservation Against the odds who hold you back Against time who seems to strike And how? By captivating an emotion unknown to the naked eye At the same time criticized harshly by others who are pin pointing technicalities It's a shame A tragedy really An Artist The one who sees  beyond the seven seas And wants nothing more but to please And ease the ache from society's burden While it is encouraged to think outside the box This practically is forbidden It's just an expression whose only job is to mock And play with your mind Until you do mind And question the point From the start to the end point When all of those miles traveled seem to accumulate just ...

Come not when I am dead

Come not when I am dead Come not,when I am dead, To drop thy foolish tears upon my grave, To trample round my fallen head, And vex the unhappy dust thou woudst not save. There let the wind sweep and plover cry; But thou,go by Child,if it were thine error or thy crime I care no longer,being all unblest; Wed whom thou will,but I am sick of Time, And I desire to rest. Pass on,weak heart,and leave to where I lie: Go by,go by. -Tennyson